Monday, July 07, 2003

I'm hot, hot, hot!

And no, I don't mean my knitting! Today I may actually get some done, if I can force myself off of this computer. It's been too hot to sit here the past few days, so now I'm trying to catch up on what I missed. Today is *still* hot, but made bearable by an early birthday present, a new air conditioner for the livingroom! With the one in the kid's window they actually cool this place down to a reasonable level!

The early gift was prompted by the fact that one of our neighbors was burning incense yesterday morning, which resulted in me getting a major migraine! (I missed going to the fireworks with Tony & Irina because of it. Loud noises and flashing lights during a migraine? No thanks) The incense is becoming a weekly problem. I don't enjoy having every Sunday, our family day, ruined because my head hurts. I don't know who it is, so I can't tape an anonymous note to their door asking them to have some neighborly courtesy and please not burn it quite so often. Who knows if it would have worked anyway, and starting a feud with neighbors is nowhere on my to-do list. So now we can close the windows without and ignore it! Hooray!

As a result of a late night and much excitement Irina has stayed home from day care today. Why she hasn't crashed yet, I have no idea.

I still want to be in Vermont. Wimper, wimper, whine.

Ah, blogging ennui continues...

No comments: