Thursday, December 18, 2003

Woohoo! I got internet! It has been a gosh-darn-golly-gee-willikers of a time getting the DSL connection sorted out, but it's finally up and running. I'm so excited, teeheehee.

So, I have to admit, I'm suffering from "completion issues". I just can't seem to finish anything! I've got one and one half gloves, one and two-thirds socks, two scarves (one two-thirds done, one one-third), and someone I know is getting the pieces of a sweater handed to them with a promise that it will be finished soon...That is, if I can get the one and two-thirds sleeves done in the next five days!

That driping you hear? That would be my brain cells liquifying and oozing out my ears! Aaaaahhhhhhh!

So, after this post, I am not allowing myself to turn the computer on! Nope, no way, no how. but I can leave you with a blast from my knitting past!

This sweater my Mom pulled out of a bag of clothing that I had filled to go to the Salvation Army. Yes, I was going to give it away. No, don't ask me why! It must have seemed like a good idea at the time, for some silly reason. it was with another sweater that was finished, except for the buttons. (Which I do have now, so you may actually get the sweater back soon, Mom!)

So here's an example of Kim's knitting, circa 1987-88 (?):

The pattern most likely came from a Vogue Knitting magazine, because that was where I found all of my patterns in those days. Who knows what the yarn is! Doesn't it just scream '80's?

And, BTW, the sweater and hat set went over big time well! My friend was so excited that she ran around showing it to everyone! If she was in the office and someone new came in, she grabbed them and forced them to look at it! And the hat was deemed "Cuter than a bug's patootie". It was a huge ego-boosting day for me!

Now, the mall opens in 20 minutes, and I need to be there!

No comments: