Thursday, January 08, 2004

On the mend

Man-o-man, it's been a long couple of weeks! Even Tony (he of the amazing immune system) became a victim of the 'flu. He was even miserable enough to call into work sick a couple of times, which is something that never, ever happens. But, (finally!) we all are slowly getting better. Now we just have to get through the rest of the winter with our health intact!

I've been doing pretty well with my promise to finish some UFO's, even though the sirens lure of new projects keeps calling to me. In a week's time I finished the back of one of Tony's sweaters, which was sitting on needles with the ribbing done and nothing else, and one of the sleeves. I mean, I thought I had finished the sleeve, until I held it up to Tony's arm and realized that I needed to add at least two more inches to the length! Silly me, thinking that 19 inches would be long enough. As he likes to say (regarding the length of his arms): "Remember, I'm not all that far removed from our ape ancestors!"

I did do a few small projects. It's hard to resist when someone wishes that they "had a nice, home made wool hat to keep their ears warm. Hint. Hint."


No comments: