Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Neat! I actually made it almost all the way around the KnitBlog list last night, catching up with a lot of the 'old timers' and "meeting" all of the new folk! Many joyous Greetings to all!


I managed to pick up my needles and work on a sock that I started back in the end of June. It's been so hot this summer that the thought of working on wool socks has been right out. But September is in sight, and if I'm going to have to cram my pampered tootsies into shoes again after a summer of freedom in sandals, they are going to be properly cushioned by a pair of newly hand knit sockies!


I haven't been completely idle. I've been brushing up (OK, learning) how to do applique while working on this quilt. I started with the center block, and have a few of the others done. It's not huge, 48"X48", and will make a nice wall hanging. It will also be good the see my learning curve, because I gotta tell you, that first block is pretty damn bad! My applique goal? To be able to do a quilt like this one, and to do it well.

No comments: