Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Today's the Day!

First day of kindergarten! We're only there for a short time this morning, long enough to meet the teacher and some new friends, and have a brief tour of where everything is.
Tomorrow is the day that's making my heart stop just thinking about it...it's riding the schoolbus day! Ack! That big yellow monster will swallow up my precious baby and take her away from me *sniff* At least I'll be able to get into the car and follow her. No, I'm not completely paranoid about her being safe! Our school system eases the kids (and parents) into the routine of kindergarten by having the parents come the first few mornings. I know it'll make things easier for me!

Not a whole lot on the knitting front right now. A friend at work has asked me to make a sweater for her granddaughter, and I worked up some color swatches. Now I'm waiting for her to get back to me on which one she likes best so I can get started! Otherwise, I'm at the heel turning of my second "Candy" sock, which means that I need to sit and actually focus on what I'm doing for a bit; and I'm working on the fifth sunflower block, 11 to go.

I've also been on a major cleaning spree around here, completely rearranging the apartment and bringing carloads of stuff to the Salvation Army. Fortunately Tony has been great about putting up with my madness!

No comments: