Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Three weeks later...

And the bionic woman returns home!

Mom was sprung from the hospital this morning, much to her delight. Of course, now she and Dad need to adjust to being home together again, as well as dealing with what she can and can not do at this point. One of the things that completely boggles me is the fact that she's almost completely off of pain medication! I mean...She had her leg cut open and her knees completely replaces three weeks ago, and while she's sore, she's not "in pain". The ability of the human body to bounce back from trauma is truly amazing.

After hanging out at my parent's house for a while I finally went and started my Christmas shopping. Hand knit gifts just aren't happening this year. There were just too many other things going on. Besides, I still have to finish the stockings for my friend Judy. I plan on having them completely finished and ready to hand over by next saturday.

But right now I need chocolate. Lots and lots (and lots) of chocolate! And my husband had better stop hovering over my shoulder, or he is *so* not going to make it through this week alive.

No comments: