Saturday, January 01, 2005

A New Year

And a happy one to all!

I don't do New Year's resolutions because, well, since when does anyone manage to "keep" a resolution? I prefer setting goals and making promises to myself.

So this year I promise to eat better, get more exercise, and generally treat myself better. After all, I'm the only me I've got, right? It's going to be a year of small, but personal, changes. Well...that's the plan. I'll see how it goes.

But I will crow and gloat and proclaim that it's been EIGHT YEARS since my last cigarette! And considering that the number of times that I've *really* wanted one but have managed to resist, I consider it a major achievement.

Let's see...This year I'm also going to try to knit more and read more. I did little of both this past year it seems, but at least the reading I did was quality. I'm not going to discuss the knitting...

I can't help to think that there's more, so I reserve the right to keep this a rotating list. Fluid, flexible, that's it, yes!

No comments: