Tuesday, March 01, 2005

1, 2, 3

The yarn a-soakin'


The tools

(I used the handles of the ice tea spoons for mixing the dyes)

The results

The two on the left are OK. The bluish/redish skein was done with purple. Once again I'm surprised by how well it took in some spots, but not in others.

The two on the right...I'm less that happy with. The red was just 'red', but the color didn't take well at all! It's just so blah. I tried putting some blue in spots, aiming for a lilac color, with very moderate success. The green, which is a mix of the yellow (orange) and blue, I am trying to convince myself is a "fern" color. Actually, it's just butt ugly. I think that eventually I'll just give them a bath in blue and see what happens then.

I can't believe that we're home having another snow day today! At this rate the kid's going to be going to school until July!

No comments: