Monday, March 07, 2005

Completion Issues

*sigh*

I am "thisclose" to finishing the vest that I've been working on. Just four more knit squares and I can sew it together, put on the edging, give it a quick wash, and it'll be good to go.

But I am having a really, really hard time with it for some reason. I mean, I feel dumb to be experiencing such angst over a vest. It is different from anything I've done before, but that shouldn't bother me. I'm just afraid of people looking at it and saying (with "that" tone of voice, you know the one I mean, right?): "Oh...you made that?" Like when you call modern art interesting, because you really don't like it but don't know what else to say?

Or maybe I'm just being moody and irrational because I'm afraid of looking like a tank in a circus tent. Or it's that time of the month. Or I need chocolate.

*sigh*

No comments: