Sunday, September 29, 2002

Well, bad Mommy that I am I went and passed my cold on to the short one. She crawled into bed with us at 6 a.m. and Tony was stuck with listening to *sniff*sniff*sniffle* in stereo for a couple of hours. I hate not being able to breath through my nose, but it beats coughing my lungs out. I've already decided to keep her home from school tomorrow. She's cheerful enough today, but I am a firm believer in having plenty of "down time" when you're sick.


I had to frog back 6 rows of the snowflake sweater (the 6 rows that I had done beyond the ribbing, in fact). The skein of yarn I'm using for the lighter color split twice, but at least that was on the end of a row and I could deal with it. No, it was discovering that I had dropped a stitch...somewhere...and couldn't figure out how to pick it up properly in the color pattern. Oh yeah, did I also mention that when I switched over to the larger needles I only switched one of them? So I was knitting onto a size 7, and purling back onto a size 5. If it hadn't been for that dropped stitch I might have just switched the smaller needle and not thought about it again. Now I've got over 650 stitches of the world smallest chart to squint through again...

No comments: