Monday, August 18, 2003

I'm B-a-a-a-a-a-ck!

Did y'all miss me?


We've actually had a pretty darn busy couple of weeks around here! Much to-ing and fro-ing and coming and going. Well, that and the fact that I've been trying to wean myself off of using the computer as much as I tend to, which can be a lot! It's been surprisingly easy to not sit in this chair constantly.

The most exciting thing around here is the fact that I'm now the Mother of a 5-year-old! YIKES!!!


(The koala is a birthday gift that her cousin brought back from Australia.)

It's been too hot around here (again) to be spending much time knitting, so I've been working on some applique quilt squares instead. It's more of a learning experience than anything, because my applique skills need some work, but I think it will turn out pretty well. I'll post a picture of them when I've gotten a few more done.

Things may still be quiet around here for the next couple of weeks while we do the final build up to Kindergarten (WOOHOO!). Things have been made much easier since we discovered that two of the kids in Irina's preschool/day care are going to have the same teacher as her! OK, it made it easier for me, I don't know about her. After all, she's the one who will just walk up to another kid and say "Hi. My name's Irina, what's yours?" How we ended up with a social butterfly we have no idea!

No comments: