Sunday, November 09, 2003

It took a few hours, because I'm slow as molasses on a wicked cold day, but I did indeed kitchener the back pieces together:



It really is much nicer looking than the three needle bind off was. I'm glad that I took the time to do it. Much trial and error went into it. However by the time I had reached the end I was comfortable enough to go back to the beginning, unpick the first two inches (that I had really messed up trying to figure things out), and re-kitchener then going the opposite direction. I didn't even put the stitches on needles, because I found it easier to "see" what I was doing without having the needles in the way.

I hereby anoint myself the Queen of Kitchenering...for this week, anyway! ;)

Because I know that really not much detail can be seen in the pictures I've put up, here's a close up shot of the back:


Guess what? it's *not* fair isle! It's all done with slipped stitches, and is way easier than it looks! (You could do it Marg! You could, really!)

So all I have left to do is the bottom band, and to cast off what would normally be the button band. The sweater uses frog closures, so I don't have to hassle with creating button holes. But first, a break while I whip up a pair of mittens for the small one.

No comments: