Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Mitten for my Kitten

Sometimes I'll buy sock yarn with all the best intentions, but once I've begun the overriding feeling about it is "meh. As a sock it does not rock". So I'll rip the needles out and toss it in a drawer to germinate for a while.

I think this skein sat for two (?three?) years before the girlie latched onto it and asked me to knit a pair of mittens for her. Now that I can do!



One down, one to go.

After these I should see about making a pair of the thrummed mittens for Tony. It might be remotely possible that they would keep his hands warm, but knowing him I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

I've also been commissioned by my friend Judy (I made a sweater for her granddaughter last Christmas, but I'll be darned if I can find a picture of it!) to make stockings for both of her grandkids. She'd also like stockings for all three of her sons-in-law! Those might be next year's project.

And, because I'm a lemming (See Sandy's October 6th entry), here's the view out my window today.

No comments: