Monday, July 18, 2005

There's a cozy spot in Heaven...

For whoever came up with the idea of day camp! It's only three hours in the morning, but (gasp!) I have some time to myself! I don't have someone hanging over my shoulder going: "MomMomMomMomMomMomMoooommmmmmm!" I love my kid, but sheesh I am so tempted to say that I don't answer to that name anymore!

I did get to read the new Harry Potter book this weekend! Holy Smokes!!! I'm not going to say anything specific about it, for those who haven't finished it (and those who don't really care). I, however, am tearing my hair out that it will most likely be two years before the last book is released! I can't wait that long!!!!

Hmm, I seem excitable this morning. I'm going to throw in a few more of these:!!!!!!!!!!!, some of these: ((((((())))))), and a couple of these: #*#*#@@%%& for good measure.

So, I mentioned that I was doing embroidery? I don't know if I should really call it embroidery (Yes Mom, I know that it is). I'm just thinking of it as finding a picture and coloring it in with thread.

The first one I did was from a free pattern over at Needlecrafter.com. (You're going to have to click on the small picture if you want to see the whole thing. Shrinking the picture down did funky things with the background fabric )


The one I'm working on now is from the
Flower Fairies Coloring Book. I used a fabric pen to color in the skin.


I've just been making it up as I go, and having a lot of fun with it. Speaking of which, I still have an hour before I have to go pick up the kid...

No comments: