Friday, July 22, 2005

Ze Apple Blossom Fairy, She is Finished!



It's not washed yet. I've been too lazy to do it properly.

I'm already planning the next one, and have a list of things I'm going to do differently. Like the skin; I used a marker to color the skin because I just couldn't wrap my head around how doing it in thread would look. Next time I'm going to use crayon and melt it onto the fabric with an iron. (I've been experimenting! It's fun! And waterproof.) I'll also do that for the sky and ground, and maybe a few other spots as well.

But before I can do any of that, I need to trace the image to the picture to the fabric. And, since I don't have a lightbox, I end up taping things to the windows. (I wonder what the landlord thinks?) However, our windows face southwest, which means we get sun ~all day~, and it's over 90f out there. If I even try opening the blinds, I'll melt.

Well, I have some knitting to keep me occupied while I wait. The vest pattern and yarn arrived yesterday! I haven't gotten yarn in the mail in so long! The KnitPicks
merino is so soft! I'm also looking forward to doing some colorwork too, once I get done with the ribbing. The ribbing being 12 rows of 224 stitches of K1,P1. That's (does quick math) 2688 stitches. Boring! I hope there's something good on t.v. tonight.

No comments: