Thursday, February 13, 2003

Got out of the Valentine's cards easier than expected! *phew*

I convinced the small one that some Scooby Doo cards would go over even better than home made ones (heck, they're only 4!), and she agreed. Of course we couldn't find Scooby, so she picked...Barbie. I guess. I mean, I played with Barbie and I turned out OK. (Speaking of Barbie, has anyone else seen the ad for a pregnent Barbie doll called Happy Family Midge? I dunno. It's just kinda...weird. Creeps me out for some reason.) Anyhow, she latched onto them and wouldn't let go. And I actually managed to get her to write her name on some of them on her own! WooHoo.

And, yes, proof that I have been knitting
back of aran. some of it, anyway

I've made it about one third of the way up the back so far. I'm learning to read a stitch chart, instead of writing out the entire pattern row by row, which is what I usually do so I can keep track of where I am. Of course it helps that it's an easy pattern, any major changes only happen once every 12 rows.

And now Biography is doing Clara Bow! Hooray! More quality knitting time!

No comments: