Monday, October 06, 2003

The Moral of Today's Story

If you drop the air conditioner when attempting to remove it from the window...DON'T TRY TO CATCH IT!!!

Yup, I did a dumb thing. But, heck, when you see the a.c. falling out of the window; and you are on the (ahem) second floor of a apartment building (!!!), avoiding the imminent disaster is the first thing that you try to do!

The good thing, if there is such a thing, is that the window I dropped the a.c. out of is the one with the fire escape under it, so it only fell about three feet. It ended up with some dents on the back, but seems to be working ok.

The bad thing was what I did to my back in the process! For two days I couldn't even stand upright without hunching over. So I spent lots of time sitting on the couch with a heating pad. I did try doing some knitting, but that just seemed to aggravate things. Instead I pulled out a quilt that I'd been working on for a while and finally finished the darn thing! All I had to do was sew the binding to the back, but it's such a tedious job that I'd been putting it off forever (like, a year). The thought of forcing myself to sit for the length of time it would take just turned me completely off of doing it.

But now it's done, and keeping my kid snuggly warm at night!

(No, it's not beautiful, but it does have a ton of fun fabrics in it!)

No comments: