Wednesday, September 29, 2004

"So, like, I'm on this major cleaning spree..."

It's a phrase that would promptly induce fits of laughter in anyone who knows me well (< exasperated teenager voice >Mother!< /voice >), but I am. And my latest bit of cleaning delight was borrowing a sister-in-law's steam cleaner and doing the carpets! And having seen how they turned out I shall now raise my right hand, place my left on the Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches (volumes 1 & 2), and solemnly swear that I shall not wait mumble years before I do it again!

Now, if I could only get the landlord to bring me the paint she said she would! The bathroom really needs a fresh coat. Heck, it's been eight years! If we owned this place I'd probably have completely redone the bathroom three times by now, just because I'm like that.

I've been trying to figure out what's triggered this need to clean. It probably has something to do with that winter is coming, get ready to nest/hibernate thing.

The sad thing is, the carpet will only really be clean for about the next 20 minutes. *sigh* The joys of having a six year old!

{edit: ask and you shall receive! i came back up from meeting the bus, and one of the buildings maintenance men was standing at my door with a monster container of paint! now i have my project for *next* week :)}

No comments: