Monday, September 27, 2004

Wha?

Don't you hate the feeling when you've got something deep and profound to say...but can't remember what the heck it was? That would be my "long term loss of short term memory" kicking in.

So, I did start a poncho for the girlie, and I'm hating it. I know that the only reasonable course of action is going to be to rippit-rippit and start again. I'm thinking that maybe I need to go fondle fiber for inspiration. (What? Go to a yarn store and *gasp* stroke wool? The thought is so exciting it almost makes me feel dirrrrty. WooHoo!)

One of the nice thing about going back to work more hours is that I feel like I can go into a yarn store. The specter of not having enough money to cover the rent and buy groceries isn't hanging over my head this month, and it is such a relief! No, I'm not going to go crazy buying yarn (after all, I have a camera that needs to be repaired, which is going to cost me a bit), but I don't have to deny myself the pleasure of just going to look! It's a good thing.

Another good thing about going back to work more hours? My supervisor. She just rocks! And I will, and do, tell her that to her face.

M'kay. I'm going to go watch the Red Sox and knit a few more rows on the shawl.

No comments: