Thursday, October 24, 2002

My sweet guy decides to make some creamy celery soup for dinner the other night, as I'm still feeling crappy and soup just goes down real good.
He's in the kitchen for half and hour chopping and blending and cooking. After a while he says: "Hmmm, this is a bit thicker that I thought it would be. Maybe if I put it back in the blender." I don't say anything as I am in the middle of counting stitches.
A minute later I hear him say "Ooooh."
"Find the problem?" I ask.
"Ummm. What happens if you put too much flour in?"
"Well, flour is used as a thickening agent. Just how much did you use?"
Silence.
"Ummm. A cup."
"How much were you suppose to use?"
Silence.
"A tablespoon."
I am silently shaking with laughter.
"Sweetheart," I say.
"Yes"
"There are tortelinni in the freezer."
"Well. Dinner in 20 minutes then."

No comments: