Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Nutso couple of days

We did indeed make it to the NHS&W on Sunday. Fun, fun, fun. I didn't take as many pictures as I expected I might, but I think that was because I was on complete fiber overload! Barn after barn of venders with buttons, bunnies, alpacas, spinning wheels, and yarn, Yarn, YARN!!! Tony was quite impressed with my restraint ("admirable", he said)...until the last half an hour, when I kinda lost it. But only a little!

The last half hour found me at the Fiber Studio booth, where I ended up buying a Schacht School Loom! It's a cute little loom, and I'm having fun playing with it. Of course, it's also having the drawback of making me want more. As it is, I already want one of these, or these. I also picked up two skeins of gorgeous hand dyed cotton there.

I made my second, and final, purchase on our way to the gate to leave. There was a white tent placed strategically right by the exit with some of the yummiest alpaca yarn! I was a good girl, I only bought one skein; but the temptation to bring the whole rack home with me was huge! And it is so soft! I think that a big, snuggly sweater make from alpaca would be the best thing in the world; like a giant, warm hug.

And I successfully avoided looking at spinning wheels. I know that if I did take a look, maybe sit at one to try it out, that I would have come home a whole lot poorer! Call it: "spinning wheel seduction" Maybe next year? (My logical train of thought: Weaving=using stash that I already have. Spinning=a whole new stash and an unhappy husband! I think I'll stick to learning the weaving for a while!)

On the knitting front, I'm about one third of the way up the first sleeve of the Virgin sweater. I didn't frog it after all. Once I made it beyond the beginning I became much happier with how it looked. And, hopefully, I only have about two more days major work on The Project That I'm Not Going To Talk About! I just want it to be done! I really am getting sick of it. (And I'm sure that you're getting sick of hearing me "not" talk about it, right?) I'm aiming for finally finishing it in the next week! Crazed weasel knitting, anyone?

No comments: