Friday, May 02, 2003

So much for my weekend

I ended up getting called into work yesterday anyway! Three hours in the afternoon + a 4-year-old to try to amuse so she doesn't run rampant = maybe 45 minutes actual work done! It wasn't pretty. (OK, it wasn't as bad as all that. My kid can and will talk to anyone, so the trick was keeping her out of other people's offices so they could get some work done! Fortunately where I work is very big on family, so bringing her along wasn't a problem. And I kept sending her up to the community room we have on the third floor and telling her to run around in circles. Kept her distracted for half an hour, it did!)

Just as well I went in yesterday, because I missed this morning getting the breaks on the car fixed! That screaming sound you may have heard? My credit card. Just ignore it.

And now I am having a really, really hard time getting my act together to go in for the afternoon. The reason? I picked up a box full of lovely, lovely yarn at the post office, all for mememememe! The color I need to continue on The Project That I'm Not Going To Talk About, and two cones of black and red wool. Hmmmm...black and red...what could I possibly be thinking about making with that?

No comments: