Thursday, May 30, 2002

The small one and I picked up Grandma (my Mum) this morning and took her with us to my favorite LYS. I want to make a sweater for my girlfriend's new baby, and needed to find a pattern and yarn. Irina helped me pick the pattern, and I picked out some Sirdar yarn in white and varigated blue. I'm looking forward to making this sweater except for one thing. The yarn is an acrylic/nylon mix. I am such a huge yarn snob that the thought of working with acrylic is making me go "Eeeewwww"! (I really am bad!) But I know that this is going to be for a baby, so I bow to the fact that I need to make it out of highly washable material!

I also picked up a few more sweater patterns, and a couple of skeins of Opal sock yarn. They appear to be in the "Mexico" line, nice and bright and colorful. It'll be fun to see how they work up.

Tony and I watched Harry Potter last night. That was fun! We loved the girl that was chosen to play Hermoine, she had that know-it-all brat thing down perfectly! I made it almost all the way to the heel turning on the 'Pearls' sock and forced myself to stop for the night.

I also figured out that when it complete this 'Quilt pattern' coat that I'm designing it'll have 101,520 stitches! And that is before I put a collar and any embellishment on it! 8,100 done so far! (Why did DH look at me so strangely when I told him that? Can anyone explain that to me, please?)

Well, must go swatch and begin this sweater. My goal is to have it done in a week, and seeing as this is a baby sweater that shouldn't be too much of a problem!

No comments: