Sunday, April 14, 2002

~Knitting Magazine Rant~

So I crawled into bed last night with a heating pad and a knitting magazine. Not a knitting magazine that I pick up on any regular basis (and that shall remain nameless-though the whole thing was just an ad for the book "Hand Painted Country"); but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Anyhoo, I'm flipping through this magazine, and find a picture of a sweater. It's a nice sweater. I could live with it. So I look at the directions...

And see that the sweater on the model in the picture is an extra large...

I look back at the model...

And see that she might fit into a medium on a really bad "I'm so fat" pms-y sort day!


Question:

Why make an extra large sweater to put on an extra small model?


I'm not a petite person, and if I know that a sweater is an extra large I want to see it on a model that is also an extra large! I want to see how that sweater is going to fit on the size person that it was actually made for, not pinned and tucked on some skinny minnie. (and I have nothing against skinny minnies-I use to be one~grin~)

Yeah, I know that's how it's done. Yeah, I know that's what it's all about. They are trying to sell a product; but i'd have been much more likely to make that sweater if I had been able to see how it would have looked on me.

~End Rant~

No comments: