Tuesday, April 30, 2002

At long last thay are indeed done...They are only six or seven weeks late for my Mom's birthday. And for some odd reason it took me weeks to do the first one, and only four days to do the second! (OK, not so odd...it's amazing what you can accomplish when you plant your butt on the couch and deny any responsibility for minor things like child care, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, things like that.~And have a sweetie who will indulge you on occasion!)

Hopefully you'll be able to see the detail in these

toe

Toe with leaf line

heel

I'm rather taken with the heel turning. It was one of the neatest I've done.

leg detail

Leg Detail

both

I don't know if you can tell, but these are left & right feet, with the leaf row running down thw outside of the foot.

The pattern source was the "Leaf Socks" in the book Socks, Socks, Socks. I used Lorna's Laces sock weight yarn in the near solid color 'sage' (which I liked an awful lot).

(edited Wed. morning: OK, so the pictures I put up last night were pretty bad. I retook them this morning without a flash, and they looked good. Live and learn and "Hooray" for the instant gratification of a digital camera!)



No comments: