Monday, April 15, 2002

Tired and irritated right now. I stayed up way too late last night watching "Photographing Faries" on the Sci-Fi Channel last night. Then I could not for the life of me get to sleep.

Then getting up to get to work today was a hassle. I really wish that working wasn't something that I "had" to do, but you can't win them all and it gives me something else to whine about today. I ended up calling Irina's daycare and telling them that I was keeping her home today, and then bringing her to work with me for a little while. (Fortunately where I work is very family oriented and I can get away with doing that~As long as I don't try it too often) I did make it through most of my day before she started getting really restless, and it was more of a distraction for me than the normal work day.

And really irritating are the, *ahem*, people who live two floors below us on the ground level. It's a beautiful day, the windows are wide open, they are down there barbecuing (not a problem, even if it is making me hungry), and every other word out of their mouths are "f***ing this" and "f***ing that". I have times when I'd make a pirate blush, but does it have to be part of everyday conversation? I have a strong urge to open a window and pitch a thesaurus at their heads! Irina wants to go out and blow bubbles, but I don't want her in the same area with them. She won't come out with anything now, but I'm imagining some Sunday morning breakfast at my in-laws...


On the good side, I'm meeting up with a fellow knitter for dinner tonight! We've been chatting back and forth on a mailing list for a while and finally decided, since we're only about an hour away from each other, that it was about darn time that we meet in the flesh! Whoever gets to the restaurant first pulls out her knitting and waits for the other person to say:"Hey, are you...?" I've been looking forward to this all week!

Now to go and wind a ball of yarn or I won't be sitting there knitting, just waving my needles around in mid air...

No comments: