Friday, April 11, 2003

Hey Hey Hey

It's a Friday Five that I'm actually interested in answering!

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
Styx, during the "Kilroy Was Here" tour which was back in 1983/84 I think. Man, I tell ya, the crush that I had on Tommy Shaw was huge! I'm almost embarrased thinking about it. (Nothing like a teenage girl in Lurrrrve) I saw a Styx concert last week on one of our local PBS stations. It was fun, but I couldn't figure out why the audience was full of grown ups...

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
I don't know that I could pick a favorite! I don't know a lot of the newer bands, and some of the ones I do drive me crazy with dislike. (I wish that guy who sings "Your body is a wonderland" would stop mumbling!) Give me Chicago, The Doobie Brothers, The Beatles...

3. What's your favorite song?
"Paradise By the Dashboard Light" can always incite me to sing loudly in the car (With the windows up, of course! It wouldn't be fair to torture the human race like that)

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
Drums! I love pounding on things.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Hmmm...The Lizard King, Janice, Jimi...Wildly talented and terribly tragic. It would have been cool to see just a glimmer of that.


No comments: