Thursday, April 10, 2003

I am disgusted with some members of the human race
*NO knitting content follows*

I returned home today just in time to see one of my neighbors (and I use the term very loosely, as I live in a big apartment building) smacking his wife around in the parking lot. Charming, huh? He was carrying their kid, who's just over a year old, at the time. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Asshole.

I don't think they saw me, and only the fact that the small one was with me made me stop from taking him on right then and there. I'm not sure what I could have done at that point, anyway. Knowing the mindframe of abusers, saying anything would only have made it worse for her in the long run. Made me feel incredibly helpless. But I'll tell you what I did do.

Our landlord has cameras everywhere! In the parking lot, the lobby, and in the elevator. I dropped an anonymous note in the landlords' office mail slot, telling them what had happened, what car they got out of, and what time it happened. I just hope that they caught the fucker on tape! And if they did, and do contact the police, I hope that the wife is strong enough to press charges.

You would not believe how mad, incredibly fucking LIVID, I am right now.

No comments: