Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Love Letter to a Web Host

When I decided to be a big "grownup" blogger a year ago I took the plunge and purchased my own domain. I liked the thought of doing things independently, not having ads for things I'd never purchase blaring in peoples faces, and just generally learning the whole web site process.

Part of that was finding a host for my domain. One that wasn't going to break the bank, was easy to use, and comfortable. I was very happy to find all of that, and more, in Cornerhost. In the past year Michal has answered every single stupid question that I've asked with patience and humor. When things went wonky last week it was Michal who pointed me in the direction that I needed to go to fix things. And he was helping dinky little me while he was also working on what turned into a major server problem that ended up affecting many of his "bigger" accounts. I really don't think that the man slept at all over the weekend. (At least, it doesn't sound like it!)

If I had Michal's address I'd knit him a pair of socks in appreciation for the help that he's given me over the past year, but I don't. So instead I'll do what I can by singing his praises, encouraging anyone who might be looking for a new web host to check Cornerhost out, and signing on for another year!

Thank You Michal!

No comments: