Monday, April 14, 2003

Oooooommmm

I knit in the break room at work, and it's always interesting to see the reactions of people around me. At this point my knitting is such a fixture to the year round workers that if I'm not knitting for some reason I get asked if I'm ok.

Last week a friend told me that she loved seeing me knit because she found the rhythm of my hands moving very soothing to her when she'd been having a tough day. She didn't think that it would work as well if she were the one actually doing the knitting, because she'd have to pay too much attention to it; but watching sitting in my quiet spot on the couch was different.

Today she walked into the room, saw me sitting in the corner with a sock in hand, and sighed. She literally slumped, as if all the tension had drained out of her. Then she looked in my eyes, smiled, said :"Thank You", and grabbed some more coffee and went on her way.

I am Zen Girl...see me knit...Ooooommmmm...

No comments: